Petrus Advisers is a European activist and value-focused asset manager based in London with 14
employees. The firm is run by its founder Klaus Umek (12 years with Goldman Sachs) together with his
partner Till Hufnagel (13 years at GS). With an additional office in Bratislava, we are currently investing
through our Cayman-based Long / Short Special Situations Fund and our UCITs compliant Equity Long /
Fundamental, value-focussed and activist. We pursue a concentrated investment strategy based on
proprietary fundamental research. If warranted, we use insights from this work as the basis for active
engagement with management teams, boards and other shareholders to unlock value in our investments.
We prioritise value preservation with an emphasis on stable industries in the core Eurozone.
Who we’re looking for:
To strengthen our team, we are seeking an associate-level intern in our Bratislava office for a period of at
least 10 weeks with the possibility to extend the internship over a longer period. A full-time offer may be
made at the end of the internship.
- Researching investment ideas including financial statement analysis, financial statement modelling, and company valuation
- Analysing industries and competitive positioning
- Supporting Petrus analysts in their research
- Pitching investment ideas to the Investment Committee
- Monitoring existing portfolio companies including interviewing management, research analysts,
industry experts, competitors, and suppliers
- Support the team in preparing our investments’ reporting in coordination with our fund
administrators and auditors
The ideal candidate is a team player who is enthusiastic about and interested in equity markets, finance
and investing. Previous work experience in asset management, private equity, investment banking or
investment research is a plus. The successful candidate will be part of a young, international and highly
entrepreneurial team of investment professionals with experience from the largest global financial
Please send your application (incl. CV and cover letter) with the subject "Summer Intern, KI" to firstname.lastname@example.org.